Fire Risk Assessment
As the responsible person, you MUST carry out and regularly review a Fire Risk Assessment of the premises. This will identify what you need to do to prevent fire and keep people safe. You must keep a written record of your Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) if your business has 5 or more people.
Carrying out the assessment
- Identify the fire hazards
- Identify people at risk
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training
- Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly
You’ll need to consider:
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Fire fighting equipment
- The removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, for example the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- Staff fire safety training
Help with the assessment
You can do the fire risk assessment yourself with the help of standard fire safety risk assessment guides.
If you don’t have the expertise or time to do the fire risk assessment yourself, you need to appoint a ‘competent person’ to help. For example, a professional risk assessor.
Your local fire and rescue authority might be able to give you advice if you’re not sure your risk assessment’s been carried out properly. However, they can’t carry out risk assessments for you.
Abbey Fire UK can help with your Fire Risk Assessment
The purpose of Fire Risk Assessments is to identify areas of fire risks within your premises. Then, subsequently, put in to place suitable changes and solutions to ensure you comply with the appropriate legislation.
Our Fire Risk Assessments are completed in line with PAS79.
New regulations were introduced from the 6th April 2010 (SI 2010/471) to clarify the responsibilities and capabilities of you and your workers to deal with any fire-safety related situation.
If you have any concerns at all about your adherence to fire-safety legislation, please contact 01925 411 222 to speak to our expert team.
We will come to your place of work, at a mutually agreeable time, to perform your Fire Risk Assessment. We are Fire Safety experts and will give you confidence in every aspect of fire safety.
CONTACT US NOW
Phone: 01925 411 222
Abbey Fire, Always First ….. Leading the way in Fire Safety in the UK